Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I Had a Dream..and There Were Chicks In It

While stumping on the campaign trail for the Hillabot 2000, former President Bill Clinton reminded black voters how important they were to them by falling asleep during a Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Service at the Convent Avenue Baptist Church in Harlem. "Black guy stuff is cool and all" said the former leader of the free world. He also added "but sometimes...ya know, they talk too long. As soon as they started "raising the roof" I was gonna get up out of my seat and "testify" or whatever it is they do."





He once famously told Dan Rather in a 60 Minutes interview "If I can take a nap, even 15 or 20 minutes in the middle of the day, it is really invigorating to me. On the days when I'm a little short of sleep, I try to work it out so that I can sneak off and just lie down for 15 minutes, especially after getting ya know "serviced"? Jesus, a real good one turns the old legs into linguini, know what I mean?" This is not the first time Clinton has slept at public events. Besides nodding off at a televised NY Mets game he also slept through Ronald Reagan's Funeral.

No comments: